Step by step towards self-employment
The MEB Founding House
The MEB is a first contact point for all those who plan to set up their own business. We support you in taking the first steps towards self-employment.
Our information and advisory services
July 3, 10 a.m. – noon
The Munich Business Startup Office will support you in taking the first steps towards self-employment.
Munich’s Business Startup Office (MEB), a joint initiative of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry for Munich and Upper Bavaria and the City of Munich, is a first contact point for all those who plan to set up their own business as a main source of income or sideline enterprise. This exludes handicrafts and foreign companies planning to expand their business to Germany.
Whether in person, over the phone or online, we offer free of charge information and advice on the following topics:
- Start-up formalities
- Business plan
- Choice of legal form and tax overview
- Private and operational security
- Subsidies and financial aids
- Seminars and events
- Office space and start-up centres
Information material (in German and English)
- Basic information on starting a business
- Topical fact sheets, flyers and brochures
- See here
Individual and in-person consultations (in German and English)
- Advice on individual questions and issues
- Appointments by arrangement
- Consultations in French and Spanish language are offered subject to availability
- Contact us now
Handling of telephone and e-mail enquiries (in German and English)
- Responding to individual enquiries via phone and e-mail
- Phone: +49 89 5116-1762 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide for special issues
Establishing contact with experts from the Department of Labor and Economic Development of the City of Munich and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry for Munich and Upper Bavaria to handle further questions.
Foreign companies planning to do business in Munich in order to expand their business or for investment purposes are advised to turn to the municipal Point of Single Contact for corporate services.
Your opinion matters
Did you attend our in-personal consultation? We appreciate your feedback. Please complete this feedback questionnaire and send us your comments. Thank you very much!
Note: The MEB is not entitled to offer consulting services on insurance, tax or legal matters.